Friday, November 14, 2008

Links to Help Make Your Thanksgiving Delicious & Meaningful

I have a package of silken tofu that's just a day past its use-by date. I bought it a few months back to make chocolate avocado cupcakes with. I never got around to making them but I do not want that box to go to waste so this weekend's plan is to make pumpkin pie with the tofu and freeze the pie for Thanksgiving, which is somehow less than two weeks away.

My search for a recipe brought me to Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary's listing of Thanksgiving recipes, which includes amazing-sounding creations like, Sage and Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Seitan with Roasted Garlic-Pumpkin Sauce, Autumn Millet Bake by Mark Bittman, Praline Sweet Potato Casserole, Wild Stuffed Roasted Squash, and many more dishes.

Vegan.com features a Thanksgiving menu compiled by cookbook author, Robin Robertson, which I already printed out a few weeks back and plan on referring to come Feast Day.

Taking part in Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-a-Turkey project is a great day to extend some care to an animal while embarking on a new Thanksgiving tradition.

1 comment:

Sky said...

Holy crap, that seitan recipe looks so good. If wasn't such a slave to the Tofurky, I might try it. :)