Thursday, May 1, 2008

Random Fridays: This Week's Link Love

* Gary Francione on how just sitting next to someone and talking to them can change lives.

* I've been checking out some bloggers' Amazon stores. Here are my favorites so far:

The Urban Vegan's Corner Store features a plethora of cookbooks I've yet to check out, like Vegan Bites and You Won't Believe Its Vegan.
Elaine Vigneault In addition to vegan books, there is a list of books on writing, blogging, feminism, and fiction.
Compassionate Cooks' is incredibly extensive, with cookbooks, doggie treats, a Kitchen Aid Mixer, and much more.

* Listening to Ani Phyo on Vegan.com's VegTalk podcast makes me want to create and eat up some raw treats. Especially her Fresh Mango Cobbler, which also is one of Vegan.com's Top 10 Recipes.

* This weekend, Brian and I are meeting my friend, TJ (check out his band, Todd Carlstrom and the Clamor) for the Rittenhouse Row Spring Festival. Being Cinco de Mayo weekend, I best be eating some Mexican food and drinking a margarita at some point, too.

Mutual Menu is giving away one copy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. To enter to win and for more details, please leave one comment here.

No comments: